Sunday, July 11, 2010

Josh Kincaid





Like my last post, I was not intimately familiar with Josh Kincaid before I saw this spread. After all, it came out when I was second grade. Not that that means I couldn't have seen it. You see I grew up in Greenwich Village in NYC, and my elementary school was right off Christopher Street on Hudson which was the epicenter of gay culture at the time (it's one of several epicenters these days). Its entirely possible I skipped by a gay news stand as a 7 year old when this issue was new. However, I was not one of those gays that "always knew". If presented with Honcho at the time I probably would have blushed and cried. But I do vaguely remember Torso and Honcho being at news stands next to Time and Newsweek. Its no wonder I turned into an affront to God.





 Getting back on track, despite my lack of familiarity with Josh Kincaid, I was drawn to this cover primarily for its oh-so-80's color palate. Its like the tint on the TV was turned up too high. I love the effect... I really hope the pool wasn't really that green. Too bad the whole spread isn't in color. But I'm not even sure I had a color TV back then so it fits somehow. The last shot is not Josh Kincaid but another nameless blonde beardie from the same issue. I have no idea who he is.











No comments:

Post a Comment