Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bad Photoshopping with Colt Studios

So I saw this photo online a while ago and thought I recognized it as a the basis for the cover of Legendary Bodies 2 from Colt. I quickly realized that I was wrong...there's an extra tattoo and the skin tone is a little off. It could be the inspiration for the Colt photo (or vice versa), or just a coincidence. Why do I know this photo so well (Other than my obsessive pervy-ness, of course)? I know it well because I have a poster of it that I got free from Colt studios when I ordered something . I love the photo; good pose, hot body, etc.,  but the poster itself is useless--its a folded up poster like you'd get from Seventeen magazine or in a box of cereal. Not framable. I hung onto it though...there's always a use for these things...
As an aside, the model for this poster is Kent Logan, who's a bit of a butterface in my opinion. I admire what he did for that body, all the dedication blah blah blah. But his face just doesn't fit with the Colt image. Which is why the photo doesn't include it, I suppose. Judge for yourself.
Anyhow the photo above inspired me to bust out that poster again. While looking at the real photo that the poster is from, two things are obvious. First,  the image is flipped, but anyone can do that...
But then they photoshopped out the cock and put some colt undies on him, while at the same time giving him a bigger booty and smaller cock:
OK. I get it. It needs to be R rated for the store shelves and posters I guess. Plus a little product placement never hurt anyone. But they did such a crappy job. Observe, courtesy of the poster they provided me with themselves. At first glance it may seem okay, but look at the scalloped appearance to the top of his thigh and the "fuzzy ass". I swear I could do better with zero training.  Am I nit picking? Sure I am. But this was a poster and the cover of a major release of the legendary Colt Studios! Hire a graphic designer for gods sake...don't do it yourself to save money! You need obsessive tweakers for shit like this to look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment